The Project Manager leads the development and execution of numerous creative projects per year. The Project Manager holds the primary project relationship with the Marketing/Communications Manager/Director. The Project Manager ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success. The Project Manager has solid understanding of their line of business and is able to facilitate communication with other program/marketing/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. The Project Manager directs and coordinates team members including designers, user groups, internal and external contractors and, as well as vendors, ensuring on time, on budget delivery of the highest quality. The Project Manager must exhibit outstanding project and process management and communication skills in achieving the highest possible standards in client service.
1. Project management
· Directs moderate to high complexity projects often involving multiple creative elements across print and digital media
· Proactively cultivates strong and positive working relationships with key stakeholders across staff groups and through encouragement of a collaborative approach within the Creative Services team
· Accountable party for defining, planning and delivering all creative projects
· Determines the concurrent assignment of multiple, often highly complex projects across a finite pool of resources in collaboration with Creative Directors and other Project Managers and monitors capacity of all creative services team members in conjunction with the Creative Services Manager
· Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications, including project briefings, with stakeholders
· Educates clients on cost savings and leveraging opportunities aligned with their marketing efforts.
· Recommends the effective reuse of past materials when appropriate, to minimize client costs.
· Leverages knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams.
· Ensures end results are of the highest caliber
· Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Uses past experience to proactively “anticipate” risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans. Ensures risk, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated and escalated when necessary
· Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
· Prepares and manages financial forecasts and provides ongoing reconciliation of project expenditures
· Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
· Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the accountable marketing/communications manager/director
· Makes recommendations for process improvements to ensure operational efficiency
2. Print production
· Manages requirements with Printed Production team as necessary
· For Conferences and Events, assist in gathering specs, sending out and reviewing estimates from production and/or print suppliers as necessary
3. Quality control and brand style consistency
· Maintains quality control throughout project.
· Ensures brand consistency is maintained in accordance with visual identity standards
4. Risk management
· Maintains and updates production reports for assigned projects. Keeps all estimates, due dates, and billing information current in order to apprise marketing/communications managers/directors of accurate status.
· Electronically file all approvals (final PDFs) from Marketing/Communications Managers/Directors of each for auditing purposes
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone for taking the time to apply.