SharePoint Specialist (CONTRACT)
Who we are looking for:
The SharePoint Specialist will take responsibility for all aspects of the design, architecture, development, deployment, operations, administration, training and support of SharePoint infrastructure and business solutions.
The Specialist will collaborate with our agency’s account management team, design team, and our client’s IT department, among and other key stakeholders.
It’s expected that work will take place both within our agency office in Georgetown, and in our client’s office(s) within the GTA; therefore, owning a vehicle with a valid driver’s license will be necessary. This contract may involve air travel as well. Expenses will be reimbursed.
What you will be doing:
- Collect data and conduct interviews with users and stakeholders to analyze and determine detailed business requirements of our client’s collaboration, workflow, data and document management requirements as they relate to SharePoint solution opportunities.
Architect / Solution Designer
- Determine the most effective SharePoint solution architecture and taxonomies to address identified business requirements and maximize search capability.
- Review existing SharePoint infrastructure and solutions. Identify and address any architectural deficiencies.
- Set SharePoint development project schedules, manage stakeholder expectations and provide timely communications and reporting.
- Lead development and deployment of SharePoint solutions to meet identified requirements, engaging and managing developer resources as required.
- Provide expert user support and guidance, as required.
- Deliver user training and documentation, as required.
- Drive best practice usage and compliance with policy and audit requirements.
- Contribute to improving consistency and effectiveness of information and document governance within the Institute.
- Drive consistency in SharePoint deployment and usage, including taxonomies, templates, master pages and security management.
What we need from you:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline is essential. Microsoft SharePoint training and certification would be highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis and technical architecture roles in complex business environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management, training and presentations.
- Demonstrated, quality focussed, track record of successful projects.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to research and quickly assimilate relevant new technologies, concepts, architectures and features is essential.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in a related field. Extensive SharePoint design & development experience.
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.